Monday, February 13, 2012

Piracy

i think about piracy a lot. i don't really like it, but i would be lying if i said that i didn't partake in the forbidden fruit. Most people who pirate have self justification... as do I.
I've mentioned it before, but i love Final Fantasy. I have played 1,2,4 and I am currently playing 5. fantastic games. i have played all of them on an emulator, pirated games. I want to pay for them, i truly do. but how am i supposed to? do i go to a used game store and buy a used game for a system that i don't even use? That would give Square Enix nothing.
Call me crazy, but i believe that companies should make their stuff more easily available. i would gladly give money to Square. I love Square, and i want them to know that i love them.

My suggestion, specifically for classic gaming. I know so many people who play old gameboy, nes, n64 games. on their PCs. Retro gaming. All of it illegal. copyright still holds and they should technically be paid for. Give us a chance to pay for the awesome games.

1 comment:

  1. Taylor. I'm currently shaking my head about your above statements BUT (and you can never quote me on this) I do agree with it...minus whoever the heck the Square nonsense is. But welcome to bloglife.

    ReplyDelete